New location for funeral for attorney James Ecker
Funeral services for prominent criminal defense attorney James Ecker have been moved to the Greater Pittsburgh Masonic Center in Ross.
Officials with William Slater II Funeral Service in Scott and the Masonic Center said viewing hours will be from 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the center at 3579 Masonic Way. A masonic service will be at 7 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday.
Ecker, a lifelong Squirrel Hill resident, died in his sleep early Christmas Day. He was 84.
Ecker became well-known during his 55-year career for escorting his clients into police stations and courtrooms through hordes of TV cameras and reporters, deflecting and answering questions. He represented clients at the center of some of the region's highest-profile cases.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Biertempfel: First base becoming new hot corner for Pirates
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pirates minor league report: Bell concluding breakout season
- Stats Corner: Corner men Marte, Snider deliver punch
- Sunday’s scouting report: Pirates vs. Reds
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett’s Medicaid change expected to have little impact with voters
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- Manatee status as ‘endangered’ draws complaints; classification under review