New location for funeral for attorney James Ecker
Funeral services for prominent criminal defense attorney James Ecker have been moved to the Greater Pittsburgh Masonic Center in Ross.
Officials with William Slater II Funeral Service in Scott and the Masonic Center said viewing hours will be from 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the center at 3579 Masonic Way. A masonic service will be at 7 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday.
Ecker, a lifelong Squirrel Hill resident, died in his sleep early Christmas Day. He was 84.
Ecker became well-known during his 55-year career for escorting his clients into police stations and courtrooms through hordes of TV cameras and reporters, deflecting and answering questions. He represented clients at the center of some of the region's highest-profile cases.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Turnpike accident kills 1
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Parents of duct-taped Highlands student don’t want charges
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Judge makes August Wilson center sale official
- 5 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- Military commissary opening draws 400 visitors