New location for funeral for attorney James Ecker
Funeral services for prominent criminal defense attorney James Ecker have been moved to the Greater Pittsburgh Masonic Center in Ross.
Officials with William Slater II Funeral Service in Scott and the Masonic Center said viewing hours will be from 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the center at 3579 Masonic Way. A masonic service will be at 7 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday.
Ecker, a lifelong Squirrel Hill resident, died in his sleep early Christmas Day. He was 84.
Ecker became well-known during his 55-year career for escorting his clients into police stations and courtrooms through hordes of TV cameras and reporters, deflecting and answering questions. He represented clients at the center of some of the region's highest-profile cases.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman charged for holding teen drinking party after video found at Penn-Trafford
- Bettman `intrigued’ by possible outdoor game at Beaver Stadium
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features
- Rossi: Winnik nice, but not enough for Penguins
- Penguins finally find way to beat Capitals
- Pennsylvania House passes liquor system privatization bill
- Crews clean up ore spilled from train derailment in Butler County
- Steelers restructure Gilbert, Mitchell contracts; Pouncey close
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Federal grand jury indicts chief operations manager for Pittsburgh office of Horizons Hospice
- Regulators approve tougher rules for Internet providers