New location for funeral for attorney James Ecker
Funeral services for prominent criminal defense attorney James Ecker have been moved to the Greater Pittsburgh Masonic Center in Ross.
Officials with William Slater II Funeral Service in Scott and the Masonic Center said viewing hours will be from 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the center at 3579 Masonic Way. A masonic service will be at 7 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday.
Ecker, a lifelong Squirrel Hill resident, died in his sleep early Christmas Day. He was 84.
Ecker became well-known during his 55-year career for escorting his clients into police stations and courtrooms through hordes of TV cameras and reporters, deflecting and answering questions. He represented clients at the center of some of the region's highest-profile cases.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Embattled VFW mulls image among declining numbers
- Professor, lawyer with Pittsburgh ties earn MacArthur ‘genius grants’
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Priest on leave as feds probe Somerset County church
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Pennsylvania senator wants to arm school teachers, employees
- Cyclist injured after crashing into truck in Murrysville