Ross man charged with robbing Good Samaritan
A man from Ross was arrested Wednesday on charges of stealing the purse of a woman who had stopped to help him and using her credit cards in various business establishments.
Sherman Jones, 35, is charged with robbery, reckless endangerment and related crimes for the incident that occurred Tuesday at a pharmacy parking lot along Route 8 in Shaler, township police said.
The woman told police he asked to use her phone and when she gave it to him, he grabbed her purse from the front seat of her vehicle.
She said she backed her vehicle into his in an attempt to thwart his escape and chased him through a residential area until he drove through a yard and got away.
Court records also show that Jones was taken into custody earlier Wednesday in Bellevue on charges of driving under the influence, receiving stolen property and other related crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Church to host hunter breakfast
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise