Ross man charged with robbing Good Samaritan
A man from Ross was arrested Wednesday on charges of stealing the purse of a woman who had stopped to help him and using her credit cards in various business establishments.
Sherman Jones, 35, is charged with robbery, reckless endangerment and related crimes for the incident that occurred Tuesday at a pharmacy parking lot along Route 8 in Shaler, township police said.
The woman told police he asked to use her phone and when she gave it to him, he grabbed her purse from the front seat of her vehicle.
She said she backed her vehicle into his in an attempt to thwart his escape and chased him through a residential area until he drove through a yard and got away.
Court records also show that Jones was taken into custody earlier Wednesday in Bellevue on charges of driving under the influence, receiving stolen property and other related crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Woman struck by foul ball in ‘horrid’ scene at Pirates game
- Authorities investigating 15-20 dogs found dead in Hopewell
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- Southmoreland wrestling PIAA qualifiers honored
- Aerospace sales boost profit at Allegheny Technologies
- Penn-Trafford football player Queen headed to W & J
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Arnold fireman falls from truck
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28
- Love of birds leads Fox Chapel teen to national honor