Ross man charged with robbing Good Samaritan
A man from Ross was arrested Wednesday on charges of stealing the purse of a woman who had stopped to help him and using her credit cards in various business establishments.
Sherman Jones, 35, is charged with robbery, reckless endangerment and related crimes for the incident that occurred Tuesday at a pharmacy parking lot along Route 8 in Shaler, township police said.
The woman told police he asked to use her phone and when she gave it to him, he grabbed her purse from the front seat of her vehicle.
She said she backed her vehicle into his in an attempt to thwart his escape and chased him through a residential area until he drove through a yard and got away.
Court records also show that Jones was taken into custody earlier Wednesday in Bellevue on charges of driving under the influence, receiving stolen property and other related crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Secret Service chief resigns after security lapses
- Attorney General seeks halt in Conneaut Lake Park sheriff’s sale
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Penguins notebook: Crosby ‘confident’ despite limited preseason time
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- State looks into UPMC complaint that Highmark violated agreement
- Group’s grant to help Pittsburgh feed more needy kids
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized