Irwin man dies days after car crash in White Oak
A man from Irwin who had been hospitalized since he was injured in a motor vehicle crash last week, died Wednesday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Jason Breitinger, 40, died at 1:39 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he had been hospitalized since the crash Friday in White Oak, the spokesman said. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.
Breitinger was a passenger that was involved in a collision with another vehicle shortly before 10:30 p.m. along Lincoln Way, the spokesman said. Allegheny County Police accident reconstruction specialists are handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Steelers still knockin’ on Canton’s door
- Heyward-Bey looks to make impact on special teams with Steelers
- Man says fall cost him a leg, sues Uniontown auto shop
- Pitcher Arrieta, Cubs shut down Pirates in victory at PNC Park
- Philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse Elsie Hillman dies at 89
- Murrysville oncologist says he had necessary permits to hunt, kill lion
- Steelers notebook: Spaeth on baby watch
- Former Lower Burrell couple to stand trial for animal cruelty
- Pirates notebook: Liriano shrugs off rain-ruined start
- Catching on: Jeannette grad Pryor making progress with transition to receiver
- Thrill of hunt feeds obsession for plant bargains at end of summer