Irwin man dies days after car crash in White Oak
A man from Irwin who had been hospitalized since he was injured in a motor vehicle crash last week, died Wednesday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Jason Breitinger, 40, died at 1:39 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he had been hospitalized since the crash Friday in White Oak, the spokesman said. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.
Breitinger was a passenger that was involved in a collision with another vehicle shortly before 10:30 p.m. along Lincoln Way, the spokesman said. Allegheny County Police accident reconstruction specialists are handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Apartment development outlined for former Schenley High School in Pittsburgh
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- Queen of crime writing P.D. James dies at 94
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders