Irwin man dies days after car crash in White Oak
A man from Irwin who had been hospitalized since he was injured in a motor vehicle crash last week, died Wednesday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Jason Breitinger, 40, died at 1:39 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he had been hospitalized since the crash Friday in White Oak, the spokesman said. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.
Breitinger was a passenger that was involved in a collision with another vehicle shortly before 10:30 p.m. along Lincoln Way, the spokesman said. Allegheny County Police accident reconstruction specialists are handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Syrian rebels, government clash in Golan Heights