Irwin man dies days after car crash in White Oak
By Michael Hasch
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014, 10:00 p.m.
A man from Irwin who had been hospitalized since he was injured in a motor vehicle crash last week, died Wednesday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Jason Breitinger, 40, died at 1:39 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he had been hospitalized since the crash Friday in White Oak, the spokesman said. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.
Breitinger was a passenger that was involved in a collision with another vehicle shortly before 10:30 p.m. along Lincoln Way, the spokesman said. Allegheny County Police accident reconstruction specialists are handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- 4 Franklin Regional students remain hospitalized for stab wounds