Irwin man dies days after car crash in White Oak
A man from Irwin who had been hospitalized since he was injured in a motor vehicle crash last week, died Wednesday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Jason Breitinger, 40, died at 1:39 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he had been hospitalized since the crash Friday in White Oak, the spokesman said. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.
Breitinger was a passenger that was involved in a collision with another vehicle shortly before 10:30 p.m. along Lincoln Way, the spokesman said. Allegheny County Police accident reconstruction specialists are handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins score 1st win in San Jose in 18 years
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Web-savvy terrorists have success luring U.S. recruits with social media
- Stylish, inexpensive dress takes television newsrooms by storm
- Pitt’s surge goes for naught as No. 11 Purdue prevails at Pete
- Boras: Alvarez’s power is too valuable for Pirates to let him leave
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Despite cross-check, Pens’ Crosby expects contact in front of net
- Automakers feast on deals in November
- Pittsburgh attorney cites Pa. AG’s suspension in dismissal attempt
- Express Scripts to offer alternative to $750 toxoplasmosis medication