Irwin man dies days after car crash in White Oak
A man from Irwin who had been hospitalized since he was injured in a motor vehicle crash last week, died Wednesday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Jason Breitinger, 40, died at 1:39 p.m. at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he had been hospitalized since the crash Friday in White Oak, the spokesman said. An autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.
Breitinger was a passenger that was involved in a collision with another vehicle shortly before 10:30 p.m. along Lincoln Way, the spokesman said. Allegheny County Police accident reconstruction specialists are handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Carnegie Mellon expert to school Congress on security
- Marshals find suspect in fatal Mercer County shooting in Pittsburgh
- Rangers up ante in Metropolitan Division with trade acquisitions
- Former congressman Sestak to kick off U.S. Senate campaign this week
- Kelly Clarkson to play First Niagara Pavilion on July 19