Blawnox man arrested for producing child pornography
Authorities arrested a Blawnox man Friday on charges of producing and possessing child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
A federal grand jury indicted George Orbin, 58, for coercing minors to engage in sexually explicit conduct that he recorded at least three times between Dec. 10, 2011, and June 11.
Orbin had images and videos in computer files that included some children younger than 12 years old, prosecutors say.
The indictment was ordered unsealed Friday after his arrest and arraignment.
Orbin was released on home detention with electronic monitoring. He couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- NHL notebook: Former Penguin Despres gets $18.5 million deal from Ducks
- MLB notebook: Mariners fire McClendon after 2 seasons as manager
- Yatesboro teen died from artery anomaly
- House OKs end of oil export ban adopted in 1970s in response to Arab embargo
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- PA Cyber Charter School employees to vote on union representation
- Pittsburgh International Airport to focus on attracting new airlines, increase facility’s usage
- Stocks wrap best week of year with slight gains