Blawnox man arrested for producing child pornography
Authorities arrested a Blawnox man Friday on charges of producing and possessing child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
A federal grand jury indicted George Orbin, 58, for coercing minors to engage in sexually explicit conduct that he recorded at least three times between Dec. 10, 2011, and June 11.
Orbin had images and videos in computer files that included some children younger than 12 years old, prosecutors say.
The indictment was ordered unsealed Friday after his arrest and arraignment.
Orbin was released on home detention with electronic monitoring. He couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer