Blawnox man arrested for producing child pornography
Authorities arrested a Blawnox man Friday on charges of producing and possessing child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
A federal grand jury indicted George Orbin, 58, for coercing minors to engage in sexually explicit conduct that he recorded at least three times between Dec. 10, 2011, and June 11.
Orbin had images and videos in computer files that included some children younger than 12 years old, prosecutors say.
The indictment was ordered unsealed Friday after his arrest and arraignment.
Orbin was released on home detention with electronic monitoring. He couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Vermont’s Sanders considers run for president
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- McKeesport won’t waver after shutout loss to Penn-Trafford
- ‘Racy’ emails could stay hidden under Pennsylvania open records law
- Steelers intrigued by athleticism of free agent Jones
- Ambitious few are turning lighthouses into living spaces
- Rossi: Given start, it’s time for Pitt to finish
- Rare triple play sparks Pirates’ comeback victory over Cubs
- LaBar: WWE needs to pick its starter wisely
- Police investigate stabbing near IUP campus
- Historical society seeks to grow interest in county museum, library