Pa. casinos suffer revenue hit despite table games
Casino revenue in Pennsylvania topped $3 billion in 2013, marking the third consecutive year the haul from table games and slot machines eclipsed that mark, the state Gaming Control Board reported on Thursday.
Total gambling revenue from the state's 12 casinos last year was $3.11 billion, down from the $3.16 billion in 2012. The state in 2013 received $1.38 billion in tax revenue from gambling.
Pennsylvania's casinos have generated $16.4 billion since the first slots-only casino opened in 2006.
Lawmakers approved table games in 2010.
State casinos in December generated $58.9 million, a 2.3 percent drop from December 2012, the agency reported.
December table game figures for Western Pennsylvania casinos are listed below. December 2012 figures are in parentheses.
• Rivers Casino, North Shore: $5.6 million ($5.8 million)
• Meadows Racetrack & Casino, South Strabane: $1.7 million ($3 million)
• Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie: $1.05 million ($1.09 million)
• Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin, Farmington: $350,000 (opened in 2013)
Table game revenue across the state was $730 million in 2013, a 6.2 percent increase compared with 2012. Total 2013 figures for Western Pennsylvania casinos are below with 2012 numbers in parentheses.
• Rivers Casino, North Shore: $67.7 million ($69.7 million)
• Meadows Racetrack & Casino, South Strabane: $34.6 million ($35.4 million)
• Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie: $13.5 million ($18.4 million)
• Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin, Farmington: $2.4 million (was not open)
Jason Cato is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7936 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Roundup: Wealth gap largest on record, Pew study shows; McDonald’s in Japan limits orders of fries; more
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- West Mifflin soccer fields nearly done, but play will be delayed
- West Mifflin man charged with risking catastrophe
- Philly DA says no affidavits claimed by AG Kane in bribery case existed
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Son charged in dismemberment death of mother, stepfather in Penn Hills
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason