Wounded Warrior Project to get cut of air show tickets
Air show ticket sales to aid veterans' group
Gabe Monzo, Arnold Palmer Regional Airport's executive director said on Saturday that $1 of each ticket sold for the Westmoreland County Air Show will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.
The show is scheduled for June 7 and 8 at the airport in Unity.
Monzo made the announcement during a three-ball pool tournament to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project in the Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department social hall.
A crowd of about 75,000 watched the Blue Angels, the Navy's precision jet team, during the two-day air show in 2012.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Bubble soccer bounces its way into Western Pa. sports venues
- Since 1969, Pine resident Fitzgerald’s garden has flourished
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh showcase features over 40 artists
- Stocks bounce back from big losses to close relatively flat
- Passing the illegals buck
- Confirm Judge Restrepo
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- First Draft: East End, Wigle gamble on flavor with barrel swap