Wounded Warrior Project to get cut of air show tickets
Air show ticket sales to aid veterans' group
Gabe Monzo, Arnold Palmer Regional Airport's executive director said on Saturday that $1 of each ticket sold for the Westmoreland County Air Show will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.
The show is scheduled for June 7 and 8 at the airport in Unity.
Monzo made the announcement during a three-ball pool tournament to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project in the Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department social hall.
A crowd of about 75,000 watched the Blue Angels, the Navy's precision jet team, during the two-day air show in 2012.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman dead in two-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Unpaid August Wilson creditors seek help from judge
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Dunbar woman, toddler in critical condition after high-speed crash
- Vin Diesel showing some love for Pittsburgh and co-star
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts