Four firefighters, resident injured in Turtle Creek fire
Four firefighters and one resident suffered injuries Monday in a fire that gutted a 28-unit apartment complex on Kenyon Street in Turtle Creek, authorities said.
All of the injuries appear minor, said Lou Lantzy, Turtle Creek's emergency management coordinator.
The resident was hurt when he jumped from a second-story window.
The two-alarm fire started about 11:37 a.m., Allegheny County emergency dispatch officials said. By 1 p.m., firefighters reported they had the blaze under control.
The roof of the complex caved in. No one was inside the complex when the roof fell, Lantzy said.
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Spence’s future uncertain after reinjuring knee
- Kentucky firefighters recovering from ice stunt shocks
- Time on the bench gets Snider back into Pirates lineup
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Keisel always hoped to return to Steelers
- Ferguson residents fear return of rioting, looting
- Pitt football team rallies around its youth
- Woman shot dead, mother wounded in Hill District shooting
- Google Maps opens business doors to online views for shoppers
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- Indiana Township police on lookout for loose alligator