Four firefighters, resident injured in Turtle Creek fire
Four firefighters and one resident suffered injuries Monday in a fire that gutted a 28-unit apartment complex on Kenyon Street in Turtle Creek, authorities said.
All of the injuries appear minor, said Lou Lantzy, Turtle Creek's emergency management coordinator.
The resident was hurt when he jumped from a second-story window.
The two-alarm fire started about 11:37 a.m., Allegheny County emergency dispatch officials said. By 1 p.m., firefighters reported they had the blaze under control.
The roof of the complex caved in. No one was inside the complex when the roof fell, Lantzy said.
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- 30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Former athletes open businesses
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Easy recipes for game-day party planning