Third Democrat joins race for Pa. 3rd Congressional District seat
A third candidate has emerged for the Democratic nomination for the 3rd Congressional District seat held by U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly, R-Butler.
Dan LaVallee, 26, of Cranberry was a deputy director at American Health Insurance Plan in Washington, D.C., but is campaigning full-time for the office, spokesman Daniel Hellweg said.
LaVallee said in a statement that he would “offer new, energetic leadership in Congress and seize opportunities for economic growth by developing more partnerships between universities and businesses, investing in job training and tackling Washington's irresponsible and reckless spending habits.”
He will face Matt Ryan, 31, of Cranberry, and Rob Joswiak, 31, of Concord, in the May 20 primary election.
The Third Congressional District covers all of or portions of Butler, Lawrence, Mercer, Erie, Clarion, Crawford and Armstrong counties.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Man wanted in fatal state trooper ambush captured
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Building collapses in Connellsville; mounds of debris land in street
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Southmoreland cross country trio chasing solid finishes
- Defense witness testifies on video, absent jurors, of cyanide alternatives
- U.S. Rep Kelly tells Pittsburgh VA official taking over VA Erie top post of need for transparency
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Mylan’s 3Q profit triples on strong U.S. sales
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite