Body of missing Brighton Heights man found
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014, 12:45 p.m.
The body of a Brighton Heights man who had been missing since Monday was found on Saturday morning on a hillside along Route 65.
Searchers were out that morning in the North Side looking for Walter Parker, 82. His body was spotted near Millerton Avenue.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said an autopsy is scheduled for Sunday. Foul play is not suspected.
Parker, who had mild dementia and macular degeneration, left home on Jan. 25 and didn't return. Police and family said he was spotted on Monday night at Rivers Casino, where it's believed he got a meal from the buffet before leaving and heading toward the Allegheny T station.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- North Versailles magisterial judge “retires” but remains on bench
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records