Indiana County coroner: No foul play in woman's death
The autopsy of a woman found lying in the snow yesterday in Clymer has revealed no evidence of foul play.
According to Indiana County Coroner Jerry L. Overman Jr., the cause of death for Janice Marie Keith, 66, of Clymer is either of a medical or drug-related nature. Toxicology tests are pending, he said.
Keith was found in the snow outside a Spruce Avenue residence around 10 a.m. Friday by a woman who works nearby, according to Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty. He said Keith was not wearing pants.
Indiana County Chief Deputy Coroner Chad E. Dill pronounced Keith dead at 11:20 a.m. Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- East Allegheny teachers maintain strike plans
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- High school roundup: South Fayette opens section play with victory
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Franklin Regional’s Roberge follows in brothers’ soccer footsteps
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well