Allegheny County offers online option to pay drink tax
Bars and restaurants can now go online to pay Allegheny County's 7 percent tax on alcoholic beverages.
The online payment system is available on through the county treasurer's website. The payment system is secure, complies with government regulations and will save paper, Treasurer John Weinstein said in a statement Monday.
The treasurer's office mailed instructions explaining how to use the online option to bar and restaurant owners.
Of the roughly 2,000 bars and restaurants in Allegheny County, 29 were delinquent on their drink tax payments as of Jan. 31, according to the treasurer's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- One of two Marines killed in chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Winter weather advisory for Western Pa. in effect until Monday afternoon
- Linemen commit to PSU, boosting Franklin’s recruiting class
- Northeast braces for ‘potentially historic’ snowstorm
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Editorial cartoons Jan. 26-Feb. 1, 2015
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Ambridge native tries to build coaching career at tiny outpost
- Exit poll: Greece’s anti-bailout Syriza party wins election
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash