Allegheny County offers online option to pay drink tax
Bars and restaurants can now go online to pay Allegheny County's 7 percent tax on alcoholic beverages.
The online payment system is available on through the county treasurer's website. The payment system is secure, complies with government regulations and will save paper, Treasurer John Weinstein said in a statement Monday.
The treasurer's office mailed instructions explaining how to use the online option to bar and restaurant owners.
Of the roughly 2,000 bars and restaurants in Allegheny County, 29 were delinquent on their drink tax payments as of Jan. 31, according to the treasurer's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention