Allegheny County offers online option to pay drink tax
Bars and restaurants can now go online to pay Allegheny County's 7 percent tax on alcoholic beverages.
The online payment system is available on through the county treasurer's website. The payment system is secure, complies with government regulations and will save paper, Treasurer John Weinstein said in a statement Monday.
The treasurer's office mailed instructions explaining how to use the online option to bar and restaurant owners.
Of the roughly 2,000 bars and restaurants in Allegheny County, 29 were delinquent on their drink tax payments as of Jan. 31, according to the treasurer's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Search for bomb turns up nothing at Kittanning school
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill
- Weather continues to cause crashes, public transportation delays
- Heidelberg bar shut down for not paying drink tax
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 kayakers in Ohiopyle
- Pitt names new chairman of Department of Medicine
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot