Allegheny County offers online option to pay drink tax
Bars and restaurants can now go online to pay Allegheny County's 7 percent tax on alcoholic beverages.
The online payment system is available on through the county treasurer's website. The payment system is secure, complies with government regulations and will save paper, Treasurer John Weinstein said in a statement Monday.
The treasurer's office mailed instructions explaining how to use the online option to bar and restaurant owners.
Of the roughly 2,000 bars and restaurants in Allegheny County, 29 were delinquent on their drink tax payments as of Jan. 31, according to the treasurer's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Social Security benefits to go up by 1.7 percent
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Lawyer: Steelers center Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July incident
- Justice blames feud for his ouster; chief of court admits he did seek to remove him
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth