Allegheny County offers online option to pay drink tax
Bars and restaurants can now go online to pay Allegheny County's 7 percent tax on alcoholic beverages.
The online payment system is available on through the county treasurer's website. The payment system is secure, complies with government regulations and will save paper, Treasurer John Weinstein said in a statement Monday.
The treasurer's office mailed instructions explaining how to use the online option to bar and restaurant owners.
Of the roughly 2,000 bars and restaurants in Allegheny County, 29 were delinquent on their drink tax payments as of Jan. 31, according to the treasurer's office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healing touch: Shadyside jewelry designer undertakes project to help artisans in Guatemala
- Body pulled from river in Charleroi
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Music festivals say ‘no’ to fans’ selfie sticks
- Recent early retirements in NFL could be trend — or simply a coincidence
- Campus clippings: Ailing back doesn’t slow Allegheny’s Killian
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Pirates notebook: Locke the choice to be 5th starter
- FBI agent, 2 others sentenced in contractor kickback scheme in Utah
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Man shot in Hill District