Firefighters battle house fire near Hidden Valley Resort
No one was injured in a Monday afternoon fire at a Somerset County home near a busy ski slope at Hidden Valley Resort.
Anna Weltz, spokeswoman for Seven Springs Mountain Resort, owner of the Jefferson Township resort, said no one was inside when the privately owned two-story home on Imperial Drive caught fire about 3:30 p.m.
Activities for the 37th annual Special Olympics Pennsylvania Winter Games were wrapping up nearby at the time, Weltz said. As a precaution, one ski slope and a chairlift were closed in the area nearest to the residence, she said.
About 175 Alpine skiers from Pennsylvania, Virginia and Delaware were expected to compete in giant slalom time trials, Alpine skiing, giant slalom and Super G. Competitions will be held on Bobcat, Continental and Imperial slopes, according to the resort's website.
Events will continue on Tuesday as scheduled, Weltz said.
Firefighters with Bakersville fire department remained on the scene past 9 p.m. and were not available for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- PSU recruit Joseph to meet club pal, an Iowa recruit, in PIAA Class AAA semis
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- 2 found dead in Harrison home
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Commentary: Grateful economics are Dead as fans pay through the nose
- Route 422 closed after serious accident in Kittanning Township
- States’ attempts to curb campus sex assaults snag on complex issues of victims’, accusers’ rights
- McCandless-born writer found herself through ‘Orange’
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- No one hurt in Hempfield school bus, van crash