Oakdale man awaits hearing in West Virginia on sex charge
An Oakdale man was arrested by federal authorities in West Virginia on a charge of traveling across state lines to have sex with a minor.
Mustafa Momoun Bazbaz, 28, is in custody and awaiting a detention hearing on charges stemming from a sexual encounter that federal authorities said involved a 15-year-old girl from Jefferson County, Ohio.
BazBaz is accused of meeting the girl in December on a website known as MeetMe.com, where he pretended to be 17. He is accused of sending sexually explicit images of himself to her before meeting her outside her home and taking her to a hotel room in Hancock County, W.Va., prosecutors said Wednesday.
BazBaz previously lived in Culver City, Calif., and moved to Oakdale in August, federal court documents state.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Overnight snowfall plagues public transportation, schools, commuters
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Ice jam wipes out McKeesport’s marina
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Springdale Twp. police car crashes into veterinary clinic
- Wolf’s Pa. budget plan seen as having almost no chance
- Dermatologist led UPMC residency program
- Pirates look to put more pressure on opposition with better baserunning
- Angry fans cited in shortage of refs in Western Pennsylvania