Oakdale man awaits hearing in West Virginia on sex charge
An Oakdale man was arrested by federal authorities in West Virginia on a charge of traveling across state lines to have sex with a minor.
Mustafa Momoun Bazbaz, 28, is in custody and awaiting a detention hearing on charges stemming from a sexual encounter that federal authorities said involved a 15-year-old girl from Jefferson County, Ohio.
BazBaz is accused of meeting the girl in December on a website known as MeetMe.com, where he pretended to be 17. He is accused of sending sexually explicit images of himself to her before meeting her outside her home and taking her to a hotel room in Hancock County, W.Va., prosecutors said Wednesday.
BazBaz previously lived in Culver City, Calif., and moved to Oakdale in August, federal court documents state.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel; lose Martin, Comeau via free agency
- Second Pa. friar commits suicide from order under investigation in sex abuse scandal
- Steelers submit application to host Super Bowl
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- Pair of Three Rivers Regatta races canceled
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 106 years
- 2015 Connellsville grad identified as victim of Bullskin motorcycle crash
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Wednesday - July 1, 2015