Oakdale man awaits hearing in West Virginia on sex charge
An Oakdale man was arrested by federal authorities in West Virginia on a charge of traveling across state lines to have sex with a minor.
Mustafa Momoun Bazbaz, 28, is in custody and awaiting a detention hearing on charges stemming from a sexual encounter that federal authorities said involved a 15-year-old girl from Jefferson County, Ohio.
BazBaz is accused of meeting the girl in December on a website known as MeetMe.com, where he pretended to be 17. He is accused of sending sexually explicit images of himself to her before meeting her outside her home and taking her to a hotel room in Hancock County, W.Va., prosecutors said Wednesday.
BazBaz previously lived in Culver City, Calif., and moved to Oakdale in August, federal court documents state.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’