Oakdale man awaits hearing in West Virginia on sex charge
An Oakdale man was arrested by federal authorities in West Virginia on a charge of traveling across state lines to have sex with a minor.
Mustafa Momoun Bazbaz, 28, is in custody and awaiting a detention hearing on charges stemming from a sexual encounter that federal authorities said involved a 15-year-old girl from Jefferson County, Ohio.
BazBaz is accused of meeting the girl in December on a website known as MeetMe.com, where he pretended to be 17. He is accused of sending sexually explicit images of himself to her before meeting her outside her home and taking her to a hotel room in Hancock County, W.Va., prosecutors said Wednesday.
BazBaz previously lived in Culver City, Calif., and moved to Oakdale in August, federal court documents state.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games
- EPA says it won’t reguluate coal ash as hazardous waste
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Hotel building boom sweeps Pittsburgh region
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis