Oakdale man awaits hearing in West Virginia on sex charge
An Oakdale man was arrested by federal authorities in West Virginia on a charge of traveling across state lines to have sex with a minor.
Mustafa Momoun Bazbaz, 28, is in custody and awaiting a detention hearing on charges stemming from a sexual encounter that federal authorities said involved a 15-year-old girl from Jefferson County, Ohio.
BazBaz is accused of meeting the girl in December on a website known as MeetMe.com, where he pretended to be 17. He is accused of sending sexually explicit images of himself to her before meeting her outside her home and taking her to a hotel room in Hancock County, W.Va., prosecutors said Wednesday.
BazBaz previously lived in Culver City, Calif., and moved to Oakdale in August, federal court documents state.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trueman sparks North Allegheny’s 14-0 victory over Seneca Valley
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Fumbling foreign policy
- Jeannette rips Riverview in Class A debut
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Murray runs wild in Steel Valley victory
- Corbett team rails at pollster
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Penn Hills takes advantage of turnovers, routs Upper St. Clair
- Harrison shines again as Pirates clip Reds, 2-1