Bar patron shot during attempted robbery, Pittsburgh police say
A bar patron was shot while trying to stop a robbery Wednesday night in the city's Spring Hill neighborhood, police said.
The 21-year-old man, who paramedics say was shot in the chest. was undergoing surgery at Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh police Lt. Kevin Kraus said.
The patron and another man were playing pool at Parrott's Pub in the 1600 block of Spring Garden Avenue when a masked robber came in with a gun, Kraus said.
The patron tried to disarm the gunman and was shot during the struggle, he said. There were about eight customers in the tavern when the shooting occurred at 8:25 p.m., Kraus said.
The gunman was seen driving away in a blue car.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- Crews called to possible drowning in Perry Township
- Football, men’s basketball among Pitt teams to post highest Academic Progress Rate scores
- Pirates notebook: Alvarez having success looking the other way
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- Exxon, Chevron shareholders reject big oil restrictions
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Santorum announces presidential run ‘where my American story began’
- Male suspect in custody from New Kensington shooting
- State Sen. Matt Smith resigning to become Chamber president