Bar patron shot during attempted robbery, Pittsburgh police say
A bar patron was shot while trying to stop a robbery Wednesday night in the city's Spring Hill neighborhood, police said.
The 21-year-old man, who paramedics say was shot in the chest. was undergoing surgery at Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh police Lt. Kevin Kraus said.
The patron and another man were playing pool at Parrott's Pub in the 1600 block of Spring Garden Avenue when a masked robber came in with a gun, Kraus said.
The patron tried to disarm the gunman and was shot during the struggle, he said. There were about eight customers in the tavern when the shooting occurred at 8:25 p.m., Kraus said.
The gunman was seen driving away in a blue car.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Penguins’ fight against mumps escalates
- Police: Deer rifle in vehicle at Southmoreland High School
- Parent finds body in parking lot of Stanton Heights elementary school, prompting lockdown
- Sony cancels ‘The Interview’ Dec. 25 release
- Son charged in dismemberment death of Penn Hills couple
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Route 981 sewage project could cost less
- Former Charlotte coach to lead Riverhounds
- Squirrel Hill lawyer suspended from practicing until September
- Pitt coach Chryst expected to take Wisconsin job
- Pa. attorney general charges 10 in ‘massive fraud, kickback scheme’ at PennDOT