Bar patron shot during attempted robbery, Pittsburgh police say
A bar patron was shot while trying to stop a robbery Wednesday night in the city's Spring Hill neighborhood, police said.
The 21-year-old man, who paramedics say was shot in the chest. was undergoing surgery at Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh police Lt. Kevin Kraus said.
The patron and another man were playing pool at Parrott's Pub in the 1600 block of Spring Garden Avenue when a masked robber came in with a gun, Kraus said.
The patron tried to disarm the gunman and was shot during the struggle, he said. There were about eight customers in the tavern when the shooting occurred at 8:25 p.m., Kraus said.
The gunman was seen driving away in a blue car.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Harmony man facing charges in fatal crash
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Study to look at financial impact of state’s gas boom
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense