City honors Pitt students who rescued man from fire
Pittsburgh City Council on Tuesday honored two University of Pittsburgh students who rescued an elderly neighbor last month from his burning home in Oakland.
Joshua Yoskosky, 21, and Joe Fogiato, 20, rushed into the house on Parkview Street Jan 31 after seeing smoke and flames and helped the man get out. The man was not identified.
Yoskosky, a Belle Vernon native, is majoring in finance and prelaw. Fogiato, of Monongahela, is majoring in marketing and supply chain management.
Council declared Tuesday Joshua Yoskosky and Joe Fogiato Day in the city.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- Designer Bethany Mota coming to Ross Park Mall
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- Fayette coroner’s office at scene of truck-car crash on Route 51
- 5-year-old boy needed for ‘Let It Snow’ role
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for president in ’16
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn