City honors Pitt students who rescued man from fire
Pittsburgh City Council on Tuesday honored two University of Pittsburgh students who rescued an elderly neighbor last month from his burning home in Oakland.
Joshua Yoskosky, 21, and Joe Fogiato, 20, rushed into the house on Parkview Street Jan 31 after seeing smoke and flames and helped the man get out. The man was not identified.
Yoskosky, a Belle Vernon native, is majoring in finance and prelaw. Fogiato, of Monongahela, is majoring in marketing and supply chain management.
Council declared Tuesday Joshua Yoskosky and Joe Fogiato Day in the city.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Cookies for Our Troops marches on
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Ebola watch lists to shrink