Motorcyclist injured in I-279 crash in North Shore
A motorcyclist was injured in a crash Thursday morning on the northbound lanes of I-279 near Anderson Street in Pittsburgh's North Shore.
Allegheny County 911 supervisors said the motorcycle crashed shortly before 10:45 a.m., forcing the closure of all lanes. The motorcyclist was injured but no further information about his condition was immediately available from Pennsylvania State Police investigating the crash.
Witnesses said the motorcyclist was attempting a wheelie when he crashed.
The accident caused a significant traffic jam on I-279, backing up vehicles across the Fort Duquesne Bridge and connector over The Point into the Fort Pitt Tunnel.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Closer seats don’t sit well with some fliers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Manufacturing cranks up production pace
- $1.4B penalty urged in gas blast
- Princeton, worker seek solution on medical marijuana use on the job
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well