Evacuation ends in Fairfield
People from five homes who fled rising creek waters in Fairfield Township were able to go back Saturday.
“The area has been cleared of water ... and they are able to return to their homes,” said Daniel Stevens, a Westmoreland County public safety spokesman.
The homes were evacuated Friday after ice backed up on nearby Tub Mill Creek and caused flooding. Rescue boats from Saltsburg and Blairsville were called to assist.
Most damage occurred to areas outside the homes, Stevens said.
“This isn't the first time it's flooded in that area,” he added. “That area is very prone to flooding.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic
- Coalition kicks off effort to revamp education funding
- McKeesport council considers amending adult business ordinance
- Gorman: Lincoln Park charade over