Carson Street briefly closed Saturday because of utility fire
Emergency responders reopened a section of East Carson Street Saturday afternoon following a small utility fire.
Smoke began streaming from a manhole cover just before noon at East Carson and South 12th streets, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. She said a nearby utility pole soon caught fire.
Responders quickly closed Carson Street from South 11th to South 13th streets. They evacuated a store as a precaution, though no structure fires were reported, the dispatcher said.
Duquesne Light responded. City officials began reopening the area by about 1:20 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Police standoff in Pleasant Hills ends with man found dead
- Beauty Bash will help send cancer patient, family to Florida
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery