Carson Street briefly closed Saturday because of utility fire
Emergency responders reopened a section of East Carson Street Saturday afternoon following a small utility fire.
Smoke began streaming from a manhole cover just before noon at East Carson and South 12th streets, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. She said a nearby utility pole soon caught fire.
Responders quickly closed Carson Street from South 11th to South 13th streets. They evacuated a store as a precaution, though no structure fires were reported, the dispatcher said.
Duquesne Light responded. City officials began reopening the area by about 1:20 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Allegheny County buck could prove to be state’s largest ever taken
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- House fire doused in Turtle Creek
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise