Carson Street briefly closed Saturday because of utility fire
Emergency responders reopened a section of East Carson Street Saturday afternoon following a small utility fire.
Smoke began streaming from a manhole cover just before noon at East Carson and South 12th streets, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. She said a nearby utility pole soon caught fire.
Responders quickly closed Carson Street from South 11th to South 13th streets. They evacuated a store as a precaution, though no structure fires were reported, the dispatcher said.
Duquesne Light responded. City officials began reopening the area by about 1:20 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WM wrestling rebuilding after losses to graduation
- Salvation Army edges closer to campaign goals
- West Mifflin man charged with risking catastrophe
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Valley New Dispatch spotlight athletes: Highlands’ Ashlyn Jonczak, Cheswick Christian Academy’s Ben Pollock
- West Mifflin soccer fields nearly done, but play will be delayed
- Mt. Lebanon history center project gets OK
- Roundup: Wealth gap largest on record, Pew study shows; McDonald’s in Japan limits orders of fries; more
- Study: At least 786 child abuse victims died despite being on protective services’ radar