Carson Street briefly closed Saturday because of utility fire
Emergency responders reopened a section of East Carson Street Saturday afternoon following a small utility fire.
Smoke began streaming from a manhole cover just before noon at East Carson and South 12th streets, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. She said a nearby utility pole soon caught fire.
Responders quickly closed Carson Street from South 11th to South 13th streets. They evacuated a store as a precaution, though no structure fires were reported, the dispatcher said.
Duquesne Light responded. City officials began reopening the area by about 1:20 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Woman dies in fall at McConnells Mill State Park
- Penguins’ Sutter is determined to keep scoring pressure on
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday