Carson Street briefly closed Saturday because of utility fire
Emergency responders reopened a section of East Carson Street Saturday afternoon following a small utility fire.
Smoke began streaming from a manhole cover just before noon at East Carson and South 12th streets, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. She said a nearby utility pole soon caught fire.
Responders quickly closed Carson Street from South 11th to South 13th streets. They evacuated a store as a precaution, though no structure fires were reported, the dispatcher said.
Duquesne Light responded. City officials began reopening the area by about 1:20 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students
- Point Breeze couple surprised with 2nd honeymoon by Ellen DeGeneres
- Cranberry: Construction restrictions lifted on Route 228
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Tuesday - October 21, 2014
- Pittsburgh police officer hurt in motorcycle crash
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big