Police: Carjacking in Monroeville preceded shooting in Wilkinsburg
Police are looking for a man who drove off in a woman's car in Monroeville and then shot a person in Wilkinsburg, police said Tuesday.
The man approached a woman at about 7:30 p.m. Monday in the parking lot outside of Cedar Ridge Apartments, off Stroschein Road, Monroeville police said. The victim told police that the man pushed her to the ground, took her keys and drove off in her 2005 white or silver Chevy Cobalt. The vehicle reportedly was involved in a drive-by shooting early Tuesday in Wilkinsburg, Monroeville police Chief Doug Cole said.
The shooting victim is expected to recover, police said.
Monroeville police are investigating the carjacking, while Allegheny County police are investigating the shooting, Cole said.
The car has an Ohio license plate, FHC2.
Kyle Lawson is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8755 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stocks slammed as manufacturing slows in U.S., abroad
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office seeks halt to sheriff’s sale of Conneaut Lake Park
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Former Steelers doctor loses bid for Miranda protection
- Lawmaker warns restaurant inspection grades would violate state law
- Enterovirus D68 case confirmed in southwestern Pennsylvania
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’