Police: Carjacking in Monroeville preceded shooting in Wilkinsburg
Police are looking for a man who drove off in a woman's car in Monroeville and then shot a person in Wilkinsburg, police said Tuesday.
The man approached a woman at about 7:30 p.m. Monday in the parking lot outside of Cedar Ridge Apartments, off Stroschein Road, Monroeville police said. The victim told police that the man pushed her to the ground, took her keys and drove off in her 2005 white or silver Chevy Cobalt. The vehicle reportedly was involved in a drive-by shooting early Tuesday in Wilkinsburg, Monroeville police Chief Doug Cole said.
The shooting victim is expected to recover, police said.
Monroeville police are investigating the carjacking, while Allegheny County police are investigating the shooting, Cole said.
The car has an Ohio license plate, FHC2.
Kyle Lawson is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8755 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- America’s manufacturing comeback
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting