Scattered power outages reported in Westmoreland County
FirstEnergy Corp. said it was sending utility crews to several power outages in Westmoreland County on Saturday night affecting from 500 to 1,560 customers.
A power outage in the White Valley section of Murrysville has affected from 500 to 1,500 customers, FirstEnergy said. Utility crews are investigating the cause of the outage and anticipate restoring power by 11 p.m.
Two smaller power outages affecting from two to 40 customers were reported along Route 130 in the Harrison City section of Penn. Power is expected to be restored by 10:30 p.m. The causes of those outages are being investigated.
Up to 20 customers lost power in the Champion area, just outside of the Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Power, because of damaged equipment, FirstEnergy said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Mon Valley called ‘ground zero’ for blight
- Well-traveled Clemons trying to find home with Carolina Panthers
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- EPA finds no contamination from Parks Township nuclear dump
- 2 teens charged in shooting in New Castle
- Friday’s scouting report: Pirates at Rockies
- Steel Valley area youth attend water camp