Scattered power outages reported in Westmoreland County
FirstEnergy Corp. said it was sending utility crews to several power outages in Westmoreland County on Saturday night affecting from 500 to 1,560 customers.
A power outage in the White Valley section of Murrysville has affected from 500 to 1,500 customers, FirstEnergy said. Utility crews are investigating the cause of the outage and anticipate restoring power by 11 p.m.
Two smaller power outages affecting from two to 40 customers were reported along Route 130 in the Harrison City section of Penn. Power is expected to be restored by 10:30 p.m. The causes of those outages are being investigated.
Up to 20 customers lost power in the Champion area, just outside of the Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Power, because of damaged equipment, FirstEnergy said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Consultant hired to help Brentwood decide on EMS
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- DEP releases details of cases of drinking well contamination from drilling
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- How to keep seniors safe from falls at home
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Deer Lakes golf team winning with a workmanlike approach
- RF Heisey, Reds avert sweep with a victory over Pirates at PNC Park