Scattered power outages reported in Westmoreland County
FirstEnergy Corp. said it was sending utility crews to several power outages in Westmoreland County on Saturday night affecting from 500 to 1,560 customers.
A power outage in the White Valley section of Murrysville has affected from 500 to 1,500 customers, FirstEnergy said. Utility crews are investigating the cause of the outage and anticipate restoring power by 11 p.m.
Two smaller power outages affecting from two to 40 customers were reported along Route 130 in the Harrison City section of Penn. Power is expected to be restored by 10:30 p.m. The causes of those outages are being investigated.
Up to 20 customers lost power in the Champion area, just outside of the Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Power, because of damaged equipment, FirstEnergy said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Federal court ruling could have impact on New Kensington-Arnold school monument
- Crash-prevention technology changes face of auto industry
- Daily Courier columnist knew, loved Connellsville community
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Earlier start, free meals among changes as Connellsville Area schools start Monday
- Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Fischer in spotlight as meeting nears
- Lineman Groh back from injury, ready to help Mustangs
- WVU sophomore linebacker Preston draws heavy praise