Scattered power outages reported in Westmoreland County
FirstEnergy Corp. said it was sending utility crews to several power outages in Westmoreland County on Saturday night affecting from 500 to 1,560 customers.
A power outage in the White Valley section of Murrysville has affected from 500 to 1,500 customers, FirstEnergy said. Utility crews are investigating the cause of the outage and anticipate restoring power by 11 p.m.
Two smaller power outages affecting from two to 40 customers were reported along Route 130 in the Harrison City section of Penn. Power is expected to be restored by 10:30 p.m. The causes of those outages are being investigated.
Up to 20 customers lost power in the Champion area, just outside of the Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Power, because of damaged equipment, FirstEnergy said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Century III Mall’s Sears on track to close Dec. 7
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Parade to start off Winterfest in Glassport
- Food bank CEO hopeful of tax break for donors
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field