3 men charged with arson for Beaver County barn fire
State police arrested three men for arson stemming from a barn fire in Beaver County.
Zachary Chenevert, 18, of Avalon; Ricky Knight, 22, of Georgetown, and Jerry McElhaney, 19, of Hookstown, face seven charges each, including three counts of arson. All three turned themselves in Wednesday at an Aliquippa district court and were released on their own recognizance, state police said.
The Feb. 1 fire destroyed a vacant pole barn in Greene Township. The fire caused $120,000 in damage to the structure owned by First Energy, state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State rallies past Akron behind Newbill’s 26 points
- Mo. governor adds guardsmen as protests continue
- Household debt on the rise after 5-year decline
- Protest in Cleveland over 12-year-old’s shooting death chokes off traffic
- Ferguson grand jury focused on fatal ‘tussle’
- Ferguson protesters march on Pittsburgh streets
- Daily Courier roundup: Penn State Fayette women fall to Slippery Rock
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Bars bulge at the seams night before Thanksgiving
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- IUP student dies from injuries after he was pinned beneath car