3 men charged with arson for Beaver County barn fire
State police arrested three men for arson stemming from a barn fire in Beaver County.
Zachary Chenevert, 18, of Avalon; Ricky Knight, 22, of Georgetown, and Jerry McElhaney, 19, of Hookstown, face seven charges each, including three counts of arson. All three turned themselves in Wednesday at an Aliquippa district court and were released on their own recognizance, state police said.
The Feb. 1 fire destroyed a vacant pole barn in Greene Township. The fire caused $120,000 in damage to the structure owned by First Energy, state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Former Gateway coach Smith is ‘perfect fit’ for Penn State football staff
- Home sellers are able to remain mum about violent crimes committed there
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle, Huntington on same page
- Dollar Tree buying Family Dollar for $8.5 billion
- Pirates avert sweep with 7-5 victory over Rockies
- Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull