3 men charged with arson for Beaver County barn fire
State police arrested three men for arson stemming from a barn fire in Beaver County.
Zachary Chenevert, 18, of Avalon; Ricky Knight, 22, of Georgetown, and Jerry McElhaney, 19, of Hookstown, face seven charges each, including three counts of arson. All three turned themselves in Wednesday at an Aliquippa district court and were released on their own recognizance, state police said.
The Feb. 1 fire destroyed a vacant pole barn in Greene Township. The fire caused $120,000 in damage to the structure owned by First Energy, state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Trooper severely injured when hit by own car
- Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Malkin, Hornqvist return to Penguins lineup vs. Coyotes