Missing hikers found in McConnells Mill State Park
Two missing hikers in Lawrence County were found safe after being reported missing Monday in McConnells Mill Sate Park, emergency dispatchers said.
Searchers from several different fire departments were called shortly before 9 p.m. when the man and woman were reported missing along the 9 miles of trail along Slippery Rock Creek, dispatchers said.
They were found about three hours later and were being led to safety, dispatchers said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tennessee QB considers transfer to Pitt
- Central Catholic safety Petrishen to sign with Penn State
- City crews getting ready for winter storm expected Sunday, Monday
- 4-car pileup reported on Bower Hill Road
- Penn State falls at Illinois on late layup
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Oldies concert to give Charleroi school programs a boost
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese journalist
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Brownsville hopes grant can help launch project