Missing hikers found in McConnells Mill State Park
Two missing hikers in Lawrence County were found safe after being reported missing Monday in McConnells Mill Sate Park, emergency dispatchers said.
Searchers from several different fire departments were called shortly before 9 p.m. when the man and woman were reported missing along the 9 miles of trail along Slippery Rock Creek, dispatchers said.
They were found about three hours later and were being led to safety, dispatchers said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Plum superintendent says lack of school tip line was ‘oversight’
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding