Missing hikers found in McConnells Mill State Park
Two missing hikers in Lawrence County were found safe after being reported missing Monday in McConnells Mill Sate Park, emergency dispatchers said.
Searchers from several different fire departments were called shortly before 9 p.m. when the man and woman were reported missing along the 9 miles of trail along Slippery Rock Creek, dispatchers said.
They were found about three hours later and were being led to safety, dispatchers said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pa. Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Wolf veto likely
- In visit to Washington Wild Things, Rose talks, but not about betting
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- U.S. tops Germany to reach Women’s World Cup final
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- UConn transfer picks PSU hoops
- Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor to host history of baseball event
- Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue Jackets
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8
- When it comes to walking, Pittsburgh’s Venture Outdoors has much to offer
- The Wine Cellar: Celebrate your pursuit of happiness with a good wine