Missing hikers found in McConnells Mill State Park
Two missing hikers in Lawrence County were found safe after being reported missing Monday in McConnells Mill Sate Park, emergency dispatchers said.
Searchers from several different fire departments were called shortly before 9 p.m. when the man and woman were reported missing along the 9 miles of trail along Slippery Rock Creek, dispatchers said.
They were found about three hours later and were being led to safety, dispatchers said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Autopsy scheduled on Pleasant Hills man, 95, who died following crash
- State lawmaker still pushing merger of Pennsylvania Game and Fish commissions
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Pittsburgh crime down overall in 2013 but rapes, homicides increased
- Rostraver youth pastor accused of sex assault