Missing hikers found in McConnells Mill State Park
Two missing hikers in Lawrence County were found safe after being reported missing Monday in McConnells Mill Sate Park, emergency dispatchers said.
Searchers from several different fire departments were called shortly before 9 p.m. when the man and woman were reported missing along the 9 miles of trail along Slippery Rock Creek, dispatchers said.
They were found about three hours later and were being led to safety, dispatchers said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jazz musicians draw crowd at art gallery in Pittsburgh’s West End
- Laurel Ballet student dancers entertain at Mad Hatter Tea in Unity
- Flash!: Circle Sinners and Saints; Tribute to Veterans
- Junior Princess from Marshall continues community work with pasta fundraiser
- McCandless ‘Rock-a-thon Queen’ keeps on rockin’ for fundraiser
- Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh honors Calgon Carbon president
- Quantum Theatre celebrates 25 years with gala in Pittsburgh’s Union Trust Building
- Greater Pittsburgh YWCA gives Women Leadership Awards to diverse group
- Mt. Hope Presbyterian expands ‘Wednesdays on the Lawn’ with farmer’s market
- All’s shiny at City Theatre’s 40th Birthday Bash
- Bridgeville native to perform in ‘Mary Poppins’