Security exercise in Port Authority system set for Thursday
Port Authority of Allegheny County will conduct a law enforcement training exercise on Thursday that will bring an increased police presence at transit stations, officials said.
Riders may see more police officers, first responders and Transportation Security Administration officials in the morning. No delays or impact on the transit service is expected, Port Authority officials said.
The security exercise is being led by the TSA's Mass Transit and Passenger Rail Division and will involve multiple security organizations. Port Authority's transit system is serving as a test location.
Bobby Kerlik is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-391-0927 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Deer Lakes golf team winning with a workmanlike approach
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pawlak returns to lead defending WPIAL volleyball champion Freeport
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Iraqi forces break militant siege of Shiite Turkmen town