Scott man identified as victim in I-79 crash
The motorist who was killed in a collision with a flatbed tractor-trailer along Noblestown Road in Collier was identified Wednesday as a resident of Scott, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Abhishek Prabhune, 27, died in the crash that occurred about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the car he was driving crossed the center of the highway and collided with the truck, authorities said. The truck flipped over the guardrail and the car was crushed, police said. The crash forced police to close the road, near the Noblestown Road exit off Interstate 79, for several hours.
An autopsy showed that Prabhune died of injuries to the head, trunk and extremities, the medical examiner's spokesman said. His death was ruled accidental.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game