Scott man identified as victim in I-79 crash
The motorist who was killed in a collision with a flatbed tractor-trailer along Noblestown Road in Collier was identified Wednesday as a resident of Scott, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Abhishek Prabhune, 27, died in the crash that occurred about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the car he was driving crossed the center of the highway and collided with the truck, authorities said. The truck flipped over the guardrail and the car was crushed, police said. The crash forced police to close the road, near the Noblestown Road exit off Interstate 79, for several hours.
An autopsy showed that Prabhune died of injuries to the head, trunk and extremities, the medical examiner's spokesman said. His death was ruled accidental.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Media websites hacked by Syrian Electronic Army
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Cosby made deal with National Enquirer to spike accuser’s story in 2005
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant