Scott man identified as victim in I-79 crash
The motorist who was killed in a collision with a flatbed tractor-trailer along Noblestown Road in Collier was identified Wednesday as a resident of Scott, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Abhishek Prabhune, 27, died in the crash that occurred about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the car he was driving crossed the center of the highway and collided with the truck, authorities said. The truck flipped over the guardrail and the car was crushed, police said. The crash forced police to close the road, near the Noblestown Road exit off Interstate 79, for several hours.
An autopsy showed that Prabhune died of injuries to the head, trunk and extremities, the medical examiner's spokesman said. His death was ruled accidental.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Penguins sign defensive prospect
- Gov. Wolf vetoes bill to privatize Pennsylvania’s liquor system
- Attorney General’s twin sister sued by FBI agent ex-boyfriend
- Online groups curate collections of photos that highlight Pittsburgh
- Fashion FYI: National Bikini Day celebrates debut of two-piece suit
- Young Nebraska girl’s organs give 2 Pittsburgh-area boys a chance to live