Scott man identified as victim in I-79 crash
The motorist who was killed in a collision with a flatbed tractor-trailer along Noblestown Road in Collier was identified Wednesday as a resident of Scott, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Abhishek Prabhune, 27, died in the crash that occurred about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the car he was driving crossed the center of the highway and collided with the truck, authorities said. The truck flipped over the guardrail and the car was crushed, police said. The crash forced police to close the road, near the Noblestown Road exit off Interstate 79, for several hours.
An autopsy showed that Prabhune died of injuries to the head, trunk and extremities, the medical examiner's spokesman said. His death was ruled accidental.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Southmoreland boys soccer expects another strong season
- Bitter loss fuels Kiski Area boys soccer
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday