Scott man identified as victim in I-79 crash
The motorist who was killed in a collision with a flatbed tractor-trailer along Noblestown Road in Collier was identified Wednesday as a resident of Scott, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Abhishek Prabhune, 27, died in the crash that occurred about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the car he was driving crossed the center of the highway and collided with the truck, authorities said. The truck flipped over the guardrail and the car was crushed, police said. The crash forced police to close the road, near the Noblestown Road exit off Interstate 79, for several hours.
An autopsy showed that Prabhune died of injuries to the head, trunk and extremities, the medical examiner's spokesman said. His death was ruled accidental.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Like it or not, Reigns is rising with Royal Rumble win
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- First quarter nightmare for Monessen
- Senator opens Connellsville office
- Radioactive radon permeates Western Pennsylvania homes
- Breen, North Catholic top West Mifflin
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Pittsburgh diocese campaign big success
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers
- Serra Catholic’s Sieg learning to lead in senior season