I-79 ramp to Route 228 set to open Tuesday in Cranberry
A new southbound Interstate 79 exit ramp to Route 228 in Cranberry is set to open at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
A new traffic signal in the area of the ramp will be activated. Motorists are encouraged to watch for changing traffic patterns, line painting and barrier removal.
The work is part of a larger project to add ramps leading from westbound Route 228 to I-79 to alleviate traffic congestion on Route 228.
It is scheduled to be completed later this year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- 12 missing after flooding in Texas sweeps away vacation home
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Theft thwarted by employee at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Previewing the the 2015 WPIAL baseball championships
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg