I-79 ramp to Route 228 set to open Tuesday in Cranberry
A new southbound Interstate 79 exit ramp to Route 228 in Cranberry is set to open at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
A new traffic signal in the area of the ramp will be activated. Motorists are encouraged to watch for changing traffic patterns, line painting and barrier removal.
The work is part of a larger project to add ramps leading from westbound Route 228 to I-79 to alleviate traffic congestion on Route 228.
It is scheduled to be completed later this year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lawyer: Steelers center Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July incident
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Social Security benefits to go up by 1.7 percent
- Truck wreck closes Saxonburg Boulevard in West Deer
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley