Shooting suspect on run for year captured in Swissvale
A shooting suspect from Braddock who had been on the run for a year tried to avoid capture Thursday afternoon before being taken into custody by members of the U.S. Marshals Western Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force.
A warrant was issued last year for Darryl L. Reaves Jr., 35, charging him with homicide, aggravated assault and related crimes for the slaying of Tyrone Milton, 50, of Braddock, who was shot inside Deb's Place in Rankin on April 6, 2013.
The task force tracked Reaves to the 2200 block of Hawthorne Street in Swissvale, said Jon Gallagher, supervisory deputy U.S. Marshal, and he attempted to escape from the back door, then from a second-floor bedroom. Reaves was taken into custody by task force members inside the home.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- W.Va. smoking ban a strong precedent, advocates say
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- New heart failure drug works much better than current treatment, study finds
- Cyclist traffic wanted