Allegheny, Washington men charged in child porn sweep
Four area men have been arrested as part of a statewide sweep during the past week targeting people who share, download and distribute child pornography on the Internet, state prosecutors said on Friday.
Prosecutors identified them as Charles Weiher, 67, of Shaler; Justin Sells, 32, and Dane Blood, 30, both of North Versailles; and Edward Campion Jr., 41, of Charleroi. None of the cases is related, prosecutors said.
According to prosecutors:
Weiher was arrested on Wednesday. Agents conducting an online investigation noticed several media files containing child pornography being downloaded by his home computer from a peer-to-peer network. Agents found several files of suspected child pornography on the computer.
Sells was arrested on Monday because a computer belonging to him was found making available for download files of children younger than 18 engaged in graphic sexual acts and poses.
Blood was arrested on Monday after a two-week investigation showed that he was making numerous files of prepubescent children engaging in graphic acts and poses.
Campion was arrested on Tuesday as a result of a cyber tip-line report generated through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Agents found more than 1,000 image files and hundreds of video files of suspected child pornography on his computer.
All were jailed in lieu of high cash bond amounts to await preliminary hearings. Weiher, Sells and Blood will be prosecuted by officials in Allegheny County, and Campion will be prosecuted in Washington County.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark