Emergency exercise to restrict North Shore traffic
An homeland security exercise will restrict traffic around PNC Park on Tuesday, Pittsburgh officials said.
Mazeroski Way will be closed from General Robinson Street to North Shore Drive from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Local traffic will be able to access North Shore Drive at Tony Dorsett Drive.
The emergency scenario will have authorities respond to a series of suspicious-package reports during the World Series. The Pittsburgh Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Army National Guard, Ohio State Civil Support Team and PNC Park officials will participate.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Ringgold Rams Club offers helping hand to district programs
- Butler commissioner candidates discuss strengthening economy
- Tourism grant funds give boost to Brownsville
- VA Butler Healthcare lauds two outstanding volunteers
- FBI agent urges Seneca Valley parents to keep up with technology
- Butler Township manager concerned about VA clinic traffic
- Belle Vernon students advance to state history competition