Emergency exercise to restrict North Shore traffic
An homeland security exercise will restrict traffic around PNC Park on Tuesday, Pittsburgh officials said.
Mazeroski Way will be closed from General Robinson Street to North Shore Drive from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Local traffic will be able to access North Shore Drive at Tony Dorsett Drive.
The emergency scenario will have authorities respond to a series of suspicious-package reports during the World Series. The Pittsburgh Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Army National Guard, Ohio State Civil Support Team and PNC Park officials will participate.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Starkey: The kick returner and the grizzly bear
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Potential suspension of Pennsylvania AG’s license unusual
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Risks don’t get any better as online dating prospers
- Pitt defense is entering new season with something to prove
- God is touchy topic in ICU, Pitt study finds