Emergency exercise to restrict North Shore traffic
An homeland security exercise will restrict traffic around PNC Park on Tuesday, Pittsburgh officials said.
Mazeroski Way will be closed from General Robinson Street to North Shore Drive from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Local traffic will be able to access North Shore Drive at Tony Dorsett Drive.
The emergency scenario will have authorities respond to a series of suspicious-package reports during the World Series. The Pittsburgh Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Army National Guard, Ohio State Civil Support Team and PNC Park officials will participate.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- 12-year-old rescues 4-year-old from burning house in Homestead
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- North Hills native survives another week on ‘The Voice’
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- The Who bringing ‘final’ tour to Consol Energy Center
- Murrysville athlete runs obstacle course for charity — 7 times