Emergency exercise to restrict North Shore traffic
An homeland security exercise will restrict traffic around PNC Park on Tuesday, Pittsburgh officials said.
Mazeroski Way will be closed from General Robinson Street to North Shore Drive from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Local traffic will be able to access North Shore Drive at Tony Dorsett Drive.
The emergency scenario will have authorities respond to a series of suspicious-package reports during the World Series. The Pittsburgh Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Army National Guard, Ohio State Civil Support Team and PNC Park officials will participate.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- 5 arrested on firearm, drug charges in Spring Hill
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Boy with fake gun dies after being shot by Cleveland cop
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- 153-year-old Venango well pumps out oil, history
- Knoch’s new wrestling coach working hard to build foundation for program
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings