Woman dies after car-truck crash on Turnpike
A Greensburg woman died Thursday after a car crashed into the rear of a tractor-trailer as both vehicles were approaching the toll area of the Monroeville exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, state police said.
Lucille Nicasio, 83, died at 2:48 p.m. at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
State police said Nicasio was sitting in the back seat of the car when the crash occurred at 1:57 p.m. Two other people in the car — whose identities were not released — were hurt in the crash and taken to Forbes Regional, troopers said.
The truck driver was not injured and drove the rig away after troopers completed their preliminary investigation, state police said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- On the border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Sectarian divisions haunt Iraq refugees
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths