Woman dies after car-truck crash on Turnpike
A Greensburg woman died Thursday after a car crashed into the rear of a tractor-trailer as both vehicles were approaching the toll area of the Monroeville exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, state police said.
Lucille Nicasio, 83, died at 2:48 p.m. at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
State police said Nicasio was sitting in the back seat of the car when the crash occurred at 1:57 p.m. Two other people in the car — whose identities were not released — were hurt in the crash and taken to Forbes Regional, troopers said.
The truck driver was not injured and drove the rig away after troopers completed their preliminary investigation, state police said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- East Allegheny girls basketball team embraces new outlook
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf