Woman dies after car-truck crash on Turnpike
A Greensburg woman died Thursday after a car crashed into the rear of a tractor-trailer as both vehicles were approaching the toll area of the Monroeville exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, state police said.
Lucille Nicasio, 83, died at 2:48 p.m. at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
State police said Nicasio was sitting in the back seat of the car when the crash occurred at 1:57 p.m. Two other people in the car — whose identities were not released — were hurt in the crash and taken to Forbes Regional, troopers said.
The truck driver was not injured and drove the rig away after troopers completed their preliminary investigation, state police said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Port Authority police discuss bus crash with county prosecutors
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Melocchi pleads guilty to leading McKeesport gambling ring
- Consol Energy Center cashes in again on payments from Rivers Casino
- Program helping Armstrong jail inmates earn GED diplomas
- Indiana County infant hit by bullet will be blind in one eye