Franklin Regional releases reopening details
Franklin Regional High School plans to return to its regular class schedule on Wednesday, after students will have an opportunity to walk around the building with their families on Tuesday.
Students are invited to the school Tuesday under the following schedule:
• 7-9 a.m., injured students or direct witnesses.
• 9:30-10:30 a.m., sophomores.
• 11 a.m.-noon, freshmen.
• 12:30-1:30 p.m., juniors.
• 2-3 p.m., seniors.
A “quiet event” is being planned by students at the high school stadium on Tuesday evening, according to a news release on the district's website. Additional details will be announced as they are finalized.
The Murrysville school has been closed since Wednesday after 20 students and one security guard were injured, allegedly by a sophomore wielding two knives. Four male students remain hospitalized on Sunday.
On Tuesday, students will be permitted to walk around the building, visit their lockers and talk to their teachers, who will return to the school Monday. Counseling services will be available in school on Tuesday and throughout the week. “Student ambassadors” also will be on hand to guide their peers through the re-entry process.
When classes resume on the normal schedule Wednesday, teachers will leave doors open so students can leave class, if necessary, the district said.
Students, teachers, administrators and counselors met on Saturday to plan for the reopening. Members of the media will not be permitted on the School Road campus.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60s band Cream, dies at 71
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Cafeteria worker tried to stop Washington school shooter
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Luck runs out for fugitive ‘Jinx’ Law
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty