Pittsburgh paramedics rescue man who fell below Panther Hollow Bridge
Pittsburgh paramedics rescued a man who fell about 10 feet from a bridge beam in Oakland and hit his head Sunday evening.
The unnamed man fell from the Panther Hollow Bridge near Phipps Conservatory about 7:30 p.m. Paramedics found him unconscious from hitting his head on a bridge pier. They secured him in a basket stretcher and brought him down a hillside to the Panther Hollow Trail.
Officials had him in an ambulance by about 8:20 p.m. and took him to a hospital for treatment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh’s HealthyRide system begins launch Sunday
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Thousands attend Connellsville Civil War Festival
- East Franklin family held at gunpoint in Arnold; no one hurt
- Belle Vernon, Charleroi football players attract recruiters
- Pyrex Bowl bringing 7-on-7 tourney to Mon Valley
- Storms knock out power to several in Western Pa.
- Buena Vista pool anticipates its best season
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Grant to fund discovery room for Duquesne youngsters