Ross man arrested on child porn charges
A Ross man is accused of downloading child pornography, state investigators announced Monday.
Agents from the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Child Predator Section arrested Hart Williams, 28, on Friday following a one-month investigation. He is charged with 15 counts of possession of child pornography, 10 counts of distribution of child pornography and one count of criminal use of a communication facility. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 23 before West View District Judge Richard Opiela.
Investigators monitoring peer-to-peer networks identified a computer downloading several files believed to depict child pornography.
They traced the IP address to Hart's home, executed a search warrant and seized two computers and two removable hard drives from Hart's home, the AG's office said. Agents found more than 250 videos and more than 58,000 images depicting child porn during a preliminary review of the devices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- Steelers’ Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Autopsy scheduled on Pleasant Hills man, 95, who died following crash
- Congressmen ask NCAA to relax PSU penalties
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires