Ross man arrested on child porn charges
A Ross man is accused of downloading child pornography, state investigators announced Monday.
Agents from the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Child Predator Section arrested Hart Williams, 28, on Friday following a one-month investigation. He is charged with 15 counts of possession of child pornography, 10 counts of distribution of child pornography and one count of criminal use of a communication facility. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 23 before West View District Judge Richard Opiela.
Investigators monitoring peer-to-peer networks identified a computer downloading several files believed to depict child pornography.
They traced the IP address to Hart's home, executed a search warrant and seized two computers and two removable hard drives from Hart's home, the AG's office said. Agents found more than 250 videos and more than 58,000 images depicting child porn during a preliminary review of the devices.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters