Body found on train tracks in West End
Paramedics were dispatched Thursday night to the West End, where the body of a motorcyclist was spotted on the train tracks just past the railroad bridge that runs across Brunot Island.
Police said the man had no pulse. They cordoned the area surrounding West Carson and Sanford streets. The call came in about 9:35 p.m.
Officials with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office who were on the scene said the man may have been riding on the tracks.
No further details were immediately available.
Add Megan Harris to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Locke gets rocked as Pirates are knocked off by Diamondbacks
- Zappala disputes public safety director’s statement on police ID policy
- Notorious killer Baumhammers granted public defender
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- It’s lights out for Bayer sign on Mt. Washington
- Sewickley Township fraud case reopens old wound for New Stanton woman