Pirates Charities 50/50 raffle to benefit We Are FR Fund
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Pirates Charities are encouraging all fans attending the game at PNC Park on Saturday to show their support of Franklin Regional students through the Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle.
All proceeds will benefit the “We Are FR” fund to assist the victims of the mass stabbing at the high school on April 9.
All donations to the “We Are FR” fund will be used to meet immediate needs of the injured students and families, such as incidental medical and travel expenses not covered by insurance; other student and staff needs related to the event, and to address long-term recovery for the school district, said Terry Rodgers, manager of business communications for Pirates Charities.
“If any funds remain once these needs are addressed, a permanent scholarship fund may be established,” Rogers said.
The Pirates organization and Franklin Regional are working together to coordinate a Franklin Regional Night at PNC Park this season. Details will be available once they are confirmed, Rogers said.
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle takes place during every home game starting from the time the gates open to the public through the last out of the sixth inning. Each night one fan wins 50 percent of the total amount collected during the game; the other 50 percent benefits Pirates Charities programs.
The game against the Milwaukee Brewers starts at 7:05 p.m. Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Paving, electronics upgrades evident at Steel Valley
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle mulling rotation options
- ATI picket injured at Harrison mill
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Gorman: An ‘honor’ to follow a legend
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE