Water main break leaves 25 without water in Bethel Park
An 8-inch water main broke at Aljean Drive and Anray Circle in Bethel Park late Friday afternoon, shutting down service for about 25 customers, Pennsylvania American Water spokeswoman Josephine Posti said.
Service should be restored by midnight, Posti said.
Add Megan Harris to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Federal appeals court deals blow to Affordable Care Act
- Judge sets trial to determine August Wilson Center’s future
- PNC Park concert prompts officials to make changes
- Pa. auditor cites flaws in gas drilling regulation
- Castle Shannon mayor honored by statewide association
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan
- ‘Last of the downtown mansions’ demolished in McKeesport
- UPMC McKeesport president reiterates hospital will remain open
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job