Brush fires in Richland, along Parkway East are out
Brush fires in Richland and along the Parkway East are out, Allegheny County 911 dispatch said.
Firefighters responded to a brush fire in the 5800 block of Valencia Road in Richland after someone reported it about 3:15 p.m. Monday.
County dispatchers also called fire crews to another brush fire about 3 p.m. near the Forest Hills exit along the Parkway East.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Cleanup crews hitting Armstrong Rails to Trails in April
- New Police Interceptor hits the road in Kittanning
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Recent early retirements in NFL could be trend — or simply a coincidence
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Business roundup: DEP to hold 1st hearing on Shell permit for cracker plant; more
- Fire reported at recycling facility in Braddock
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Leader Times roundup: Kittanning softball wins in extra innings
- Daily Courier roundup: Falcons, Scotties win on no-hitters
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport