Munhall teenager killed in shooting
A teenage boy was shot and killed Monday night in Munhall.
Police and paramedics were called at 9:25 p.m. for a report of a male shot in the chest in the 1600 block of Martha Street. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Trijuan Williams, 17, of Munhall.
The Medical Examiner's Office was told that he was pronounced dead at the scene.
County homicide detectives are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Touchstone program forges Frazier grad’s interest in art
- Farmington arts center dedicates glass studio
- Scout’s spruce-up of Masontown church nets Eagle award
- Pittsburgh firefighters rescue person from Point Breeze house fire
- Zombie Stomp to take over streets of Finleyville
- Storyteller brings ghost tales to Rostraver library event
- Tours of Nemacolin Castle in Brownsville offer history, ghost stories
- Runner, skaters race to benefit Donora Smog Museum
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Penn State sheds conservative playcalling in rout of Indiana
- Review: In Edwidge Danticat’s lyrical ‘Untwine,’ a teen rebuilds her life