Woman shot, killed in bar parking lot in New Brighton
A West Virginia woman was shot and killed Thursday night in the parking lot of a bar in Beaver County.
The shooting occurred shortly before 10 p.m. in the parking lot at Jimmy K's Bar along 11th Avenue in New Brighton, county emergency dispatchers said.
WPXI reported that Christina George, who was wed just hours before the shooting, is facing criminal homicide and aggravated assault charges.
Investigators identified the victim as 21-year-old Katelyn Francis, of Fairview, W.Va.
Witnesses told WPXI that an argument about who was driving may have sparked the violence.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Penn State to announce new athletic director
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Washington Co. man arrested on child porn charges
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- National city organization chooses Pittsburgh for 2016 gathering
- Kerry says no deal yet for 7-day truce in Gaza
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Motorcycle runs off road in Butler County, kills Shaler man
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student