Boil water advisory issued in Indiana County
Residents in about 2,500 households in western Indiana County were advised on Friday afternoon to boil their water before drinking or cooking with it.
A spokesman for the Indiana Municipal Authority said the alerts, which are expected to remain in effect through the weekend, went out after environmental regulators raised questions about filters at the authority's water filtration plant.
Water Superintendent Tom Cavelier said previous tests revealed no problems with the filters.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Developer pursues application for Strip District apartments
- Phone scam from Jamaica reported in Allegheny County
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Bacteria found in bread factory not a health hazard, company says
- Fire forces North Side residents from apartments
- Drive-thru window sees major change at Monroeville fast-food restaurant
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- U.S. proposes tougher rules for moving crude oil, ethanol by rail