Boil water advisory issued in Indiana County
Residents in about 2,500 households in western Indiana County were advised on Friday afternoon to boil their water before drinking or cooking with it.
A spokesman for the Indiana Municipal Authority said the alerts, which are expected to remain in effect through the weekend, went out after environmental regulators raised questions about filters at the authority's water filtration plant.
Water Superintendent Tom Cavelier said previous tests revealed no problems with the filters.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- NHL notebook: Former Penguin Despres gets $18.5 million deal from Ducks
- MLB notebook: Mariners fire McClendon after 2 seasons as manager
- House OKs end of oil export ban adopted in 1970s in response to Arab embargo
- Yatesboro teen died from artery anomaly
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- PA Cyber Charter School employees to vote on union representation
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Penn Hills literacy project adds mini library
- Stocks wrap best week of year with slight gains