Blawnox man's death ruled a homicide
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Tuesday that a Blawnox man whose body was found over the weekend in North Oakland was the victim of a homicide.
Andrew McMunn, 23, was found on a hillside shortly after 3 p.m. Sunday along Melwood Avenue. A spokesman for the medical examiner said he died of head injuries and had stab wounds to the neck and chest and additional cuts on the neck.
Passers-by found McMunn in a steep area behind Training Revelations Personal Fitness, partially buried beneath some debris.
Pittsburgh police are investigating.
Bobby Kerlik is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-391-0927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game