Ohio man accused of soliciting sex from 14-year-old Cranberry girl
Cranberry police arrested an Ohio man accused of exchanging more than 500 explicit text messages with a 14-year-old girl and attempting to get her to sneak out and have sex with him.
The state Attorney General's Office said Jacob Meadows, 21, of East Palestine, Ohio, began texting the Cranberry girl when she was 13. State and local undercover officers assumed the girl's identity in November and continued the texting.
Most of Meadows' texts involved soliciting sex or explicit pictures from the girl, according to the AG's office. On April 25, authorities said Meadows asked the girl to sneak out so they could go back to his house. Cranberry police arrested him when he arrived at the supposed meeting point.
He is being held at the Butler County Prison Monday in lieu of $150,000 bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stocks slide in busy week of quarterly earnings reports
- NFL Draft preview: Sizing up the specialists
- Teacher called hero in Wash. school shooting
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Vikings running back Peterson absent but wanted
- Former Tennessee DE Hendrix announces transfer to Pitt
- Iowa avian flu outbreak might be spreading
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Greensburg high school roundup: Hempfield takes down rival P-T
- A-K Valley campus clippings: Local trio powers Allegheny softball
- Grand jury presentment: AG Kane lied, attempted to cover up leak