Esplen man stabs his pit bull in self-defense, police say
An Esplen man fatally stabbed his pit bull early Tuesday after the dog bit him while they were playing, Pittsburgh police said.
Police said the 42-year-old man couldn't call off the dog and he stabbed his pet in self-defense about 2:15 a.m. Police did not file charges but are continuing to investigate, spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
The man refused medical treatment. Toler declined to release the man's name, saying he was a victim.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Warning about cop-killer came moments too late
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD