Esplen man stabs his pit bull in self-defense, police say
An Esplen man fatally stabbed his pit bull early Tuesday after the dog bit him while they were playing, Pittsburgh police said.
Police said the 42-year-old man couldn't call off the dog and he stabbed his pet in self-defense about 2:15 a.m. Police did not file charges but are continuing to investigate, spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
The man refused medical treatment. Toler declined to release the man's name, saying he was a victim.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undefeated Aliquippa downs Seton-La Salle for WPIAL Class AA title
- Gallagher formally becomes Pitt chancellor
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Greensburg pair jailed in convenience store robbery
- To find best career path, start with a book, look to past
- Vincentian girls dominate rival North Catholic for 4th straight WPIAL Class A title
- Review: Lisa Unger revisits The Hollows in ‘Crazy Love You’
- Review: Violent moment echoes through David Treuer’s ‘Prudence’
- Gas service restored to 550 homes in California
- Burrell’s Beattie goes for 3rd PIAA Class AA Southwest Regional title vs. familiar opponent
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play