Esplen man stabs his pit bull in self-defense, police say
An Esplen man fatally stabbed his pit bull early Tuesday after the dog bit him while they were playing, Pittsburgh police said.
Police said the 42-year-old man couldn't call off the dog and he stabbed his pet in self-defense about 2:15 a.m. Police did not file charges but are continuing to investigate, spokeswoman Sonya Toler said.
The man refused medical treatment. Toler declined to release the man's name, saying he was a victim.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Alle-Kiski Valley PSSA assessment scores higher than state standards
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Afghan charity hospital bombed; Defense Secretary Carter vows full investigation
- Penguins at a glance entering 2015-16 season
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases