Portion of Route 119 in Youngwood reopens
A portion of Route 119 in Youngwood Borough was closed Wednesday morning after a pickup truck struck a utility pole.
The accident occurred around 1 a.m. in the 200 block of South Third Street and brought down the power lines. The road was closed while the pole was replaced.
About a dozen homes in the area of the accident were without electricity for several hours.
Traffic was detoured through several side streets in the borough.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds