Portion of Route 119 in Youngwood reopens
A portion of Route 119 in Youngwood Borough was closed Wednesday morning after a pickup truck struck a utility pole.
The accident occurred around 1 a.m. in the 200 block of South Third Street and brought down the power lines. The road was closed while the pole was replaced.
About a dozen homes in the area of the accident were without electricity for several hours.
Traffic was detoured through several side streets in the borough.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers RBs Bell, Blount to face drug charges
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Browns give nod to Hoyer to start at QB in opener vs. Steelers
- 2 dead in New Kensington shooting; woman says male victim her son
- Snider’s sac fly in 9th gives Pirates win over Braves
- Gorman: McKeesport’s Hudson has name brand
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- Penn St. readies for logistical challenges of Ireland trip
- Highlands WR serves as speedy complement to his RB brother
- Downed lines close Freeport Bridge
- Savoy’s supper-club atmosphere makes it more of an event than a dine-n-dash