Portion of Route 119 in Youngwood reopens
A portion of Route 119 in Youngwood Borough was closed Wednesday morning after a pickup truck struck a utility pole.
The accident occurred around 1 a.m. in the 200 block of South Third Street and brought down the power lines. The road was closed while the pole was replaced.
About a dozen homes in the area of the accident were without electricity for several hours.
Traffic was detoured through several side streets in the borough.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Trib Cup: North Allegheny, Blackhawk, Seton-La Salle, Vincentian lead winter standings
- Kiski Area Intermediate School band chosen to play at state conference
- New Kensington-Arnold School Board superintendent hangs on as board vote falls short
- Heinz merging with Kraft in mega-deal; headquarters to stay in Pittsburgh
- Cops nab Donora assault suspect
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Harrison rape suspect awaiting trial accused of sexual contact with 6-year-old
- Donora demolishing former Fifth Street School
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- Robbery charges against Elizabeth Township man dismissed