Portion of Route 119 in Youngwood reopens
A portion of Route 119 in Youngwood Borough was closed Wednesday morning after a pickup truck struck a utility pole.
The accident occurred around 1 a.m. in the 200 block of South Third Street and brought down the power lines. The road was closed while the pole was replaced.
About a dozen homes in the area of the accident were without electricity for several hours.
Traffic was detoured through several side streets in the borough.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers’ Martavis Bryant facing four-game suspension
- Pennsylvania warming to bring ‘profound’ changes, Penn State report says
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players
- Animal Rescue League, miffed at Vick signing, moves gala from Heinz Field
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle mulling rotation options
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic
- Penguins notebook: Crosby most excited by Kessel’s footspeed
- Gorman: Don’t judge WPIAL by the cover
- Kane: Emails released not everything she wants to make public
- New football uniforms can change perceptions, help establish identity of new program
- Some of the WPIAL’s top teams leaning toward a 2-back ground game