Motorcyclist killed in Washington County crash
A motorcyclist was killed Thursday night in a crash in Washington County.
Joseph Orson Barni, 49, of Washington, died in the crash that occurred at approximately 7:50 p.m. along Route 844 in Independence Township, near Avella, according to county coroner S. Timothy Warco.
Barni was traveling east when he crossed the center of the roadway while rounding a bend and collided with an oncoming automobile, Warco said.
State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Joe King ends 28 years as Pittsburgh firefighters’ president
- Pirates notebook: Marte to begin rehab stint at Triple-A Saturday
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- WVU’s Holgorsen: Freshman Henry `ahead of curve’
- Statistically speaking: Will Pirates be snake-bitten by sliders?
- LaBar: Big week for future of WWE & TNA