I-79 crash injures one, clogs northbound traffic
A one-vehicle crash north of Cranberry injured one person and caused traffic backups on northbound Interstate 79 Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The crash occurred around mile marker 82 of the northbound lanes about 2:30 p.m., and at least one person was transported to a hospital, according to Butler County 911 dispatchers. The victim's condition was unknown.
State police were investigating the cause of the crash. Firefighters and medics were also on-scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Taylor back, Polamalu probable for return vs. Saints
- Jury finds Rayshawn Williams guilty of first-degree murder
- Fire destroys Armstrong County tavern
- IUP student dies from injuries after he was pinned beneath car
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Attorneys say Leon Ford putting off needed surgery because of prospect of second trial
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200,000 as part of settlement agreement with borough
- Monongahela paramedic dies in the line of duty
- Brown family blasts prosecutor’s handling of case
- Car crashes into Cranberry store, no one injured
- Cosby show still planned for Heinz Hall