I-79 crash injures one, clogs northbound traffic
A one-vehicle crash north of Cranberry injured one person and caused traffic backups on northbound Interstate 79 Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The crash occurred around mile marker 82 of the northbound lanes about 2:30 p.m., and at least one person was transported to a hospital, according to Butler County 911 dispatchers. The victim's condition was unknown.
State police were investigating the cause of the crash. Firefighters and medics were also on-scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Armstrong contributes to project to replace Kittanning retaining wall
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call