I-79 crash injures one, clogs northbound traffic
A one-vehicle crash north of Cranberry injured one person and caused traffic backups on northbound Interstate 79 Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The crash occurred around mile marker 82 of the northbound lanes about 2:30 p.m., and at least one person was transported to a hospital, according to Butler County 911 dispatchers. The victim's condition was unknown.
State police were investigating the cause of the crash. Firefighters and medics were also on-scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- Penguins notebook: Malkin likely to return Saturday
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win