Separate shootings in Larimer, Stowe injure 2
Two people were injured in separate shootings Sunday night in Larimer and Stowe, authorities said.
The first occurred about 9:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Pleasant Ridge Road in Stowe; medics transported one person from the scene to a local hospital, according to Allegheny County 911 supervisors.
At about 10:15 p.m., reports of shots fired and a man wounded came from the 6500 block of Shetland Avenue in Larimer. When police and medics arrived, they found the victim had gotten a ride to UPMC Shadyside for treatment.
The victims' conditions were not immediately available.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates trade for Mariners’ Happ, Dodgers’ Morse
- Armstrong escapee caught; murder charges pending
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times
- Experimental Ebola vaccine could stop virus in West Africa
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Judge rules McCullough guilty of taking money from elderly woman’s estate
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Handful of swimmers to test will in Three Rivers Marathon