Police arrest man accused of firing shot that critically injured Stowe woman
Police on Monday arrested the man accused of firing a gunshot that hit a 60-year-old woman in the head as she sat in the living room of her home in Stowe.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Oneal Olive, 21, charging him with aggravated assault, weapons violations including carrying a firearm without a license, reckless endangerment and firing a gun into an occupied home, Lt. Andrew Schurman said. He was taken into custody and brought to county police headquarters about 5 p.m. Olive turned himself in to authorities.
The victim was not the intended target, Schurman said. She is hospitalized in critical condition.
Detectives suspect Olive was trying to shoot someone in front of a home near the woman's in the Pleasant Ridge housing complex about 9:30 p.m. Sunday, Schurman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- National Weather Service to evaluate work after missed call on storm
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Leaders mark Auschwitz liberation 70 years on without Putin
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Western Pa. farm markets keep customers coming when nothing’s growing