Police arrest man accused of firing shot that critically injured Stowe woman
Police on Monday arrested the man accused of firing a gunshot that hit a 60-year-old woman in the head as she sat in the living room of her home in Stowe.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Oneal Olive, 21, charging him with aggravated assault, weapons violations including carrying a firearm without a license, reckless endangerment and firing a gun into an occupied home, Lt. Andrew Schurman said. He was taken into custody and brought to county police headquarters about 5 p.m. Olive turned himself in to authorities.
The victim was not the intended target, Schurman said. She is hospitalized in critical condition.
Detectives suspect Olive was trying to shoot someone in front of a home near the woman's in the Pleasant Ridge housing complex about 9:30 p.m. Sunday, Schurman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- States clear way for startups to use crowdfunding