Police arrest man accused of firing shot that critically injured Stowe woman
Police on Monday arrested the man accused of firing a gunshot that hit a 60-year-old woman in the head as she sat in the living room of her home in Stowe.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Oneal Olive, 21, charging him with aggravated assault, weapons violations including carrying a firearm without a license, reckless endangerment and firing a gun into an occupied home, Lt. Andrew Schurman said. He was taken into custody and brought to county police headquarters about 5 p.m. Olive turned himself in to authorities.
The victim was not the intended target, Schurman said. She is hospitalized in critical condition.
Detectives suspect Olive was trying to shoot someone in front of a home near the woman's in the Pleasant Ridge housing complex about 9:30 p.m. Sunday, Schurman said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fumbling foreign policy
- Next hurdle for health care likely tax season
- Additional negotiating session fails to resolve threateded East Allegheny strike
- Golf outing a fitting tribute
- Valley edges emotional Burrell team on OT field goal
- Deer Lakes releases info on administrators’ raises
- Burrell, psychologist settle lawsuit
- Quick start fuels Shady Side Academy to opening win
- Late-night fire guts East Deer house; homeowner escapes without injuries
- Police warn of burglaries
- Team, opponents honor player